Springboard Centre assists adults with developmental disabilities to achieve meaning in their lives.
Springobard Centre is committed to serving as a model to and partner with the community for the integration and acceptance of people with disabilities.
1. We believe in the promotion and facilitation of an individual’s abilty and right to make choices and decisions.
2. We believe in providing programs within a consistent, accepting, congenial and stimulating environment.
3. We believe that we must be sensitive to the needs of individuals and address these needs with respect and dignity.
4. We believe in providing an appropriate environment in which individuals can feel comfortable learning new skills.
5. We adehere to a professional code of ethics to ensure that we deliver the best possible service while respecting the rights of individuals.
6. We believe in facilitating the professional educational process, and provide placement and supervision of students in the field.
7. We believe in promoting community education and public awareness.
8. We believe in adherence to Core Standards as outlined by the Persons with Developmental Disabilities.
Start Date: TBA
This is a permanent fulltime position.
The starting wage range is $15.57-$16.81 per hour based upon the applicant’s education and experience with people with disabilities.
Staff work from 7:45 am to 3:45 pm, Mondays thru Thursdays and 7:45 – 3:30 pm on Fridays.
The hours are based upon a 37.5 hour work week, as the lunch break is unpaid.
Springboard Centre offers a variety of benefits and perks to its employees:
1. Three weeks of vacation each year for the first three years of employment. Vacation time increase an additional week at the 4 and 7 year mark.
2. An excellent Health Care Plan that is 75% paid by the agency.
3. 12 days of sick time plus an additional two days for care of family that have become ill.
4. Draws for Monday Late Start.
5. 1.5 hours off on the employee’s birthday.
6. Paid time for approved workshops.
The successful candidate should have completed his/her high school diploma.
Preference will be given to the candidate that has a certificate or diploma in Disability Studies or a related field.
Preference will also be given to individuals who have experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities.
Employees are not required to use their own vehicles however they must be able to obtain a Class 4 driver’s license which allows them to operate an agency owned vehicle.
Springboard Centre caters to individuals with a wide array of behavioral concerns, ranging from mild to severe.
The successful candidate must be willing to work with these individuals with the provided training.
How to Apply:
Attn: Romeo Concepcion
Springboard Centre for Adults with Disabilities #14, 2115—27th Ave NE Calgary, AB T2E 7E4 By Fax: (403) 235-3872
By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ann Sims - CEO
Click on a file to download.
Springboard Centre is mostly funded by the Government of Alberta through the Persons with Developmental Disabilities. The agency also relies on fundraising from casino events. Please contact us if you are intersted in volunteering for upcoming casino events.
You can simply mail a cheque to our office and mark Sustainability Fund in the memo field (Springboard Centre for Adults with Disabilities, #14, 2115 - 27 Avenue, NE Calgary, AB, T2E7E4) or to make a donation online by clicking on the Canada Helps logo. This will allow you to make a one-time donation using your PayPal, Debit Card, Visa or MasterCard.
You can support our very worthy cause with a regular monthly payment. This can be done by mailing a number of postdated cheques into our office or make a donation online by clicking on the Canada Helps logo. Once on the Canada Helps website, you can choose the monthly giving option, which will allow you to make regular monthly donations to the Sustainability Fund by using your PayPal, Debit Card, Visa or MasterCard.
Do you have a vehicle that you no longer want but are not sure what to do with? Then make a donation! Springboard Centre is part of Donate-A-Car Canada. Every vehicle donated gives you a charitable receipt, with the proceeds going to Springboard Centre.
Planned Giving (Legacy Gift) is the thoughtful process of planning a gift to produce the maximum benefit to the donor and the charity. There are various ways a donor can leave money or assets to Springboard Centre at his/her death or invest money so that the donor receives the benefits during his or her life and then bequeaths the remaining funds to Springboard. There are many options through which a legacy gift may be made - wills and bequests, life insurance, charitable trust, endowments, etc. It is important to consult your financial planner, friends and family before you create a legacy gift.
A gift of publicly listed securities provides an innovative and creative way to make a charitable gift and can often help fund a larger gift than you might otherwise be able to make. Securities can include stocks, bonds, bills, warranties and mutual funds. Federal and Provincial incentives make it very attractive to donate publicly traded securities that have appreciated in value. Please contact you financial broker or advisor if this method of giving is of interest to you.
THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING SPRINGBOARD CENTRE PROGRAMS.
#14, 2115 27 AVE NE, Calgary, AB T2E 7E4, CA
7:45 am – 3:45 pm
7:45 am – 3:45 pm
7:45 am – 3:45 pm
7:45 am – 3:45 pm
7:45 am – 3:30 pm